Wednesday, December 14, 2005

DAY SEVEN

Wake: 9:09am
Weight: 148

I feel like hell. Between the aches and pains from exercising and the cramps that came last night, I am going to have a hard time with my three hours working out today. I took an 800 mg motrin a few minutes ago and already feel it starting to work. I will pack a few more in my backpack.

I did my first pilates and yoga classes yesterday. The pilates, I love it. It feels a little like the calisthenics we did growing up, but more specialized and somehow relaxing. The yoga was also relaxing -- the studio was beautiful with soft lamplight and candles -- but we spent too much time in the downward facing dog position. My pecs, my pecs! They are so sore that they hurt when I try to run, even though they really aren't involved.

Speaking of running, I went to a specialty running shoe store yesterday and got some new shoes. I have never had a professional pick out my running shoes before but of course it makes sense. I have a bunion and now I know I have an over-pronation problem too. The shoes I got are freaking huge -- with room in the front for my deformed toe and big ole heels for stability. I'm planning to run tomorrow (they said I need to give my feet time to get to know the shoes first).

My only other comment here is that I haven't lost any weight. But I definitely feel better and I am not smoking. Today I have a yoga class at noon, am planning to swim at 1:30, and I have scheduled a dance class at 5:30. Given my weepy experience with the dance class yesterday, this plan may change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home